Friday, November 20, 2015

How to Get Distracted by a Conference

The Arizona Library Association annual conference is in town and since I'm attending and speaking I've been a little distracted this week, so I missed writing yesterday!  I know I'm in this for the long haul, not just for the month of November, but it was really hard to get out up early this morning to write.  So what did I do this morning when I actually got out of bed and sat down at the keyboard?  I didn't open my novel and get back to my characters.  I started an internet search on how to buy a domain name.  What's the best way to host a site.  Who are the best web hosting companies anyway.  And I hate those ads from GoDaddy, so even though they sell domain names for 99 cents do I really want to buy my domain name from them?

What am I doing?

I'm totally getting distracted and not writing.

What am I doing right now?  Also being distracted.  But at least I'm reminding myself that's it's okay to be human, even when you're a writer.  It has been a good conference. Today is the last day and I'm looking forward to it, even if I am stressed with how much work I have to do, that I should be in the office not attending presentations and having fun!  OMG - I can have fun!

Sigh...

I'm stopping now and will try to write a few lines.

I am in this for the long haul.  Just write a little bit every day.  Remember the words of your amazing friend Deb. "Even if it's only 100 words, it still counts." And Deb, if that's not exactly what you said, I apologize.  These days, I can't remember sh*t!

No comments: