Thursday, November 12, 2015

Habits

I am into this routine and it feels really great. What is that saying about habits?  Some people say 21 days, some people say 30. There is a lot of info when you google "How long does it take to form a habit."  Remember what Mom said, "Don't believe everything you read." Well, I think we all know that was sage advice and even more important now that we have the internet.

My habit if coming along nicely.  I've only missed writing one day this month.  Not bad.  More importantly, I am still having fun. Not every day is easy and that is important to note when trying to develop a habit. Sometimes getting out of bed early is the last thing I want to do.  But I do it anyway, because this is the month.

Thank you NaNoWriMo for being there.

The goal of course will be to continue after NaNo (November) is over.  That will be the hard and true test.  The forums will be gone, the "go-get-'em" emails will be over, the NaNo community will disappear, back into the world of static pages.  So I will be doing this on my own.  That sounds dreary.  But in reality, I must remind myself, I already doing this on my own. I"m the one sitting at the computer typing every morning. Chin up! And besides, it's only Nov. 12th.

Plus, I've got all of you - my family and friends who encourage me.  It helps a lot.  You are all great! And I really appreciate it.  Forming new habits is hard and you have my back!  Whew - thank goodness.

If you need me, ever, for anything...I'm there!


No comments: