Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Question of the Day: What's the book about?

I've been getting some encouraging words from friends and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. The main question seems to be, however, "What's it about?" I've put off a few of you for a few days now, so I thought I'd better live up to what I promised and give you all a synopsis. Here goes:

Basic PLOT: This is a story about a guarder of secrets, the seeker of knowledge he protects, and the power that wants the knowledge to unleash what is basically evil into the universe. The seeker knows he's looking for knowledge, but doesn't know what the knowledge is...or that the Guardian is there to protect him. The power that wants to unleash evil doesn't know exactly what the knowledge is either, but has tortured enough seekers to gain their knowledge, so he has more of a clue than my "virgin" seeker.
  1. Spacial/Temporal Location: World where it is commonplace to travel between planets/Undisclosed time but definitely future human race
  2. Main Character: Known as "The Guardian," he is a protector of Seekers. We won't know his born-name until later in the book (can't reveal any of those secrets in a synopsis, though).
  3. Secondary Character: _____ (haven't quite got the name yet), "Virgin" Seeker the Guardian protects.
  4. Bad Guy (Girl, actually): _____ (again, not sure of the name yet - think Trinity from the Matrix, but bad). She wants to have ultimate power.
  5. Other Characters: All types of folk who help/hinder the Guardian, while he protects the Seeker who is looking for the knowledge.

So, that's it for now! This is going to be so fun! I'm really psyched about it!

Oh yeah, and about the Knowledge: No one Seeker has ever assembled all the Knowledge except in legend.

No comments: