Tuesday, November 3, 2009

5,661 Words

I really feel like I'm making progress. 5,661 words, almost 1700 of them today, so that is keeping me on track. I need to do 1667 each day to reach 50K by the end of the month. Staying up later than I should tonight to finish, but fun things are happening with the novel. Tonight I discovered that Elum is headed to the Salin Garden which is located in the triangle of Knowledge in the ancient city of Niloc.

Writing is so great when things happen you don't expect! I want this to happen with Gehrke - but how can I do that when I know the story. With Elum, it is as if he is revealing the story as we go along together down the path. With Maggie, I already know the ending, so how do I keep this going when the outcome is clear?

Anybody have any ideas?

No comments: