Tuesday, November 24, 2009

39,605 Words So Far

Hi All - well, I'm currently at 39,605 words - I've got until midnight, November 30 to reach 50,000. NaNoWriMo has put up the word count verification tool now, on November 25th, so people are already DONE and WINNING!!! Ugh - what's up with that??? Over achievers, I'd say!

I won't bore you with the usual rant about being behind at work, needing to make up being out last week so much with the stupid migraine - that really should be plural - stupid migraines! Oops, sorry, just did...

I am awake, it's 12:52am, Gia and Elum are talking in the Refuge of Guardians about their next step. They've been thrown together rather unceremoniously and now that Gia has shown up the action can really begin. There is no way this story is getting wrapped up in 50,000 words. Now I've got to get Gia and Elum out of there, back to Lady Lillian's so Elum and Gia can take another look at that stone column with the ancient writing, they've got to find out the Lady Lillian's daughter is the black rider and leader of the bad guys, deal with the shock and awe of THAT revelation, but put it aside and get to work, finding the last ______ (fill in the blank with the number of libraries to be found) and saving the Knowledge from destruction or worse!

OKAY? Are you with me? Good - cuz' I need all the support I can get to make it to 50K! So, thanks in advance!

3 comments:

Deb Eisloeffel said...

Jill -- This sounds fantastic -- and you've even designed a cover for your published work! So cool! I'm sorry to say I haven't been following your blog, but I'll have time to catch up on it this weekend.

Just keep writing. You can do it!!!

Oogie McGuire said...

Well I'm not yet at 10K. I'm half tempted to look at writing days instead. On that basis I'm actually doing well. Better than the last 3 years combined though.

Sarah Friedmann said...

You're doing GREAT, honey! I'm seriously so proud of you - and can't wait to read the next installment. :D