Friday, October 30, 2009

Two Books = 100,000 Words?

NaNoWriMo begins in two days and I've got two books to write. Does that mean 100,000 words?
  1. The Day of Days - the story of Edward and Margaret Gehrke's adventures touring the country by train and car, visiting every National Park but one between 1909 and 1953...in re-writes, new approaches, additional stories, mixed with our experiences of today
  2. The Guardian - the story of Elum, the Guardian, suffering after the loss of his Seeker and re-entering the world of Guardians and Seekers to protect the sacred knowledge from the destroyers and make it finally available again to all. This is my NaNoWriMo novel.
So, my chances??? Pretty good, I think - I'm already so busy with work and Maggie what's one more thing??? Ha! It's gonna be a crazy month! But here's to fun and creativity, and inspiration.

2 comments:

Sarah Friedmann said...

You'll do GREAT, honey!
Can't to start to read your drafts!

Michael Neil said...

You'll make it Jill. I'm a little behind on the feedback, I know. But I promise to catch up. If I don't, you and Sarah know where I live...